Wednesday 2 April 2008

Writerlance

Well I bring this news with sadness to all freelance writers.

I recently joined a freelance site called Writerlance. Now this site seemed legitimate and had quite a lot of activity on it. I have actually had a few well paid jobs through Writerlance and luckily I have been paid through Paypal.

It appears that Writerlance have not been paying writers that people hire through this site. The buyer sends Writerlance the money and then Writerlance send the money to the writer. This is the part they are not doing. So Writerlance are cheating everyone. Although it is the writer that suffers the most again.

Now I have only lost $27 through Writerlance but I am sure that some people have lost much more than this. If you try to get to www.writerlance.com you will see that the site is actually offline.

It seems like Writerlance have done a runner with freelance writers money. I'm sorry to all writers that used Writerlance and have lost money through them. Please use only legitimate sites that have good reviews already. I found Writerlance by accident and I don't regret it, I now have regular clients through them, but I am angry that people can do this to others!

Any questions related to this or any other subject, don't hesitate to get in touch!

5 comments:

Syn said...

Great. I look forward to seeing more on here. Do you have a subscribe button that I'm missing? I'd like to subscribe. Thanks.

Nicole
www.lifeofsyn.com

Divine Copy said...

Hi Nicole, I am still getting the blog up and running! I will get one sorted ASAP! :D

Thanks for dropping by!

Sarah x

Syn said...

Great, you have a subscribe button:) I subscribed. Looking forward to future posts.

Erin said...

Ugh... I just requested a paypal withdrawal through writerlance, and I JUST found out that they are not paying clients. What do you think my chances are of getting it??

nepatsfan01(at)hotmail(dot)com

Ria said...

Hi, I am not a member of writerlance but their site is not offline. I did a quick search for ghostwriting and it was the first site that popped up. I was looking at their site and decided to check out their reviews (not so hot) so I will not be using them, but I thought I would clarify that their site is up and running...

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing